HDA proudly supports a positive working environment for our staff that allows each individual (and department) to deliver high-quality services to our members, which represent the vital link between the nation’s pharmaceutical manufacturers and pharmacies, hospitals and other providers. Since 1876, HDA has helped our members navigate regulations and innovations to get the right medicines to the right patients at the right time, safely and efficiently.
HDA values its employees. As such we offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, with medical and dental insurance which includes dependent coverage as well as a FSA plan; a 401(k) plan with a generous match system; paid time off; flexible work hours and a convenient Arlington, Va., location close to the Ballston Metro. We have been named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for nine years.
HDA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.
HDA has an established telework policy and while staff are currently working remotely, when the office re-opens some on-site work will be required.
Vice President, Policy
This newly created senior staff position will formulate and drive policy development and provide leadership and strategic direction on policy matters impacting the healthcare distribution industry. You will work collaboratively with staff to develop and execute a policy agenda on a wide range of issues such as distribution logistics, emergency preparedness, reimbursement and international trade. You will provide information, data, and technical assistance to an array of important stakeholders, including members, policymakers, journalists, and other organizations.
- Stay abreast of economic, public policy and social issues; assess the impact on the healthcare distribution community.
- Develop research and policy agendas in collaboration with HDA member company representatives, HDA staff and external policy experts as needed.
- Serve as a key facilitator among member companies to develop and implement policy goals and strategies.
- Work closely with the HDA Communications team to develop strategies that help shape policy debates and respond to supply chain threats and challenges.
- Lead the development of and conduct research on various public policy issues and oversee the development of an annual research plan, with appropriate benchmarks; and identify appropriate data sources and reference literature.
- Collaborate with the HDA Research Foundation to support incremental research activity undertaken to ensure continuity with overall HDA goals and strategies, as well as current public policy issues.
- College degree (BA or BS) required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten years corporate or trade association experience in government relations managing issues and staff with a thorough understanding of government, legislative, regulatory and political processes.
- Experience with pharmaceutical/pharmacy supply chain issues.
- Strategic thinker that can develop tactics to address a diverse slate of issues in an ever-changing environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs at the highest levels of business and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships while advancing the association’s policy positions.
First impressions matter in our hiring process, so please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ5@hda.org.
Manager, Digital Communications and Content
This newly created role is responsible for the strategic oversight, content and execution of HDA’s digital strategy that includes the organization’s website and social media platforms. You will manage the integration and coordination between existing digital platforms to create effective communication channels and experiences.
- Serves as primary content manager and strategist for website and social media platforms to ensure that they are effectively advancing HDA’s advocacy agenda, the industry’s value proposition as well as educational programs and products.
- Coordinates with the VP of Communications to develop and implement tactics and strategies that build and strengthen the HDA’s brand and message in the digital space.
- Develops, manages and maintains content on the HDA web properties and microsites as well as HDA social channels ensuring alignment with overall communications initiatives.
- Contributes content and helps inform strategies for executive communications and thought leadership activities in the digital space.
- Ensures that quality and brand standards are met and that content is current, written in a consistent style, and provides value to visitors.
- Regularly analyzes and assesses website and social media analytics and reporting to help inform effective targeted communications and marketing tactics and strategies.
- Drafts posts to amplify HDA published content on social media.
- Monitors social media and advances HDA’s strategic priorities of increasing awareness and engagement with external stakeholders and amplifying the external positioning of members.
- Consistently gains knowledge about the industry to effectively communicate through all platforms, including the use of digital advertising and promotion, and novel multimedia modes of delivery.
- Performs other additional job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Ability to interact with all levels of association staff and members.
- Ability to quickly and proactively learn how to use new technology systems and platforms.
- Strong multimedia skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize, schedule and track projects through all stages of production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience working with web content management systems (CMS).
First impressions matter in our hiring process, so please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ1@hda.org.
This position will report to the Vice President, Finance, and play a primary role in supporting the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions of HDA and its entities, as well as other general accounting duties.
- Responsible for batch setup for all credit card and check payments.
- Provide receipts related to member dues, meetings and sponsorship payments received.
- Responsible for pulling activity reports from our merchant site for all transactions.
- Manage the collections processes for all entities. (HDA, HDA Research Foundation, Pharmaceutical Cargo Security Coalition)
- Contact delinquent members regarding payment status and take appropriate action for follow-up.
- Responsible for processing all association payables, including checks and ACH payments.
- Verify the appropriate contracts are on file before payments are made.
- Maintain a file of ACH bank accounts and 1099 forms for all vendors.
- Responsible for filing year-end 1099 and 1096 forms.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in accounting or business and minimum four years’ experience.
- Trade association experience.
- Understanding and strong operational knowledge of accounts receivable practices, especially collections and billings.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of membership systems, billing systems, credit card processing systems, Intacct, PN3, CRM netForum, and Microsoft Office Suite skills, including intermediate-level Excel skills.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills; excellent customer service attitude, attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines while working independently and general administrative skills.
First impressions matter in our hiring process, so please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ2@hda.org.