Challenge of Our Time: The COVID-19 Vaccine Electronic Download
January 27 | Webinar
With the beginning of a new administration and the country ramping up one of the most ambitious immunization campaigns in our history, learn about the national and international strategies in place to manufacture vaccines and therapeutics, as well as the distribution complexities that must be overcome.
The event features conversations with Dr. Anthony Fauci, Incoming Chief Medical Advisor & Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases; Dr. Francis S. Collins, Director, National Institutes of Health; and Dr. Leana Wen, Emergency Physician & Visiting Professor, George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, among others. In addition, The Hill’s Editor-at-Large Steve Clemons interviews HDA’s President and CEO Chip Davis about distributors’ critical role in the COVID-19 response.
The event is divided into two sessions, “The Manufacturing” and “The Distribution.” Additional speakers include:
- Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization;
- Mikael Dolsten, Chief Scientific Officer & President, Worldwide Research, Development and Medical, Pfizer;
- Dr. Sree Chaguturu, Chief Medical Officer, CVS;
- Dr. Susan Bailey, President, American Medical Association;
- Jay Timmons, President & CEO, National Association of Manufacturers;
- Wes Wheeler, President, UPS Healthcare.
Event sponsors also include 3M and UPS.
Who should attend?
Individuals interested in learning how vaccines will be manufactured and distributed.
Watch: Challenge of Our Time: The COVID-19 Vaccine
(Webinar Held: January 27, 2021) Join HDA and The Hill for a virtual conversation between policymakers, leaders in the pharmaceutical and distribution industries and public health experts on how vaccines will be manufactured and distributed.